Stowe’s impressive Equestrian Centre is situated at Home Farm which is a short walk from the boarding houses. This splendid stabling and riding complex enables Stoics of all abilities to enjoy riding and horse care. The cross‐country course, carefully designed by Captain Mark Phillips, along with a high standard of care and tuition delivered by qualified staff, gives us one of the best school riding facilities in the country.
Stowe’s Equestrian Centre has been open since September 2012 and is solely for use by Stowe pupils. The Centre has space for 21 horses, 16 of which are reserved for Stowe pupil liveries.
Facilities at the Centre include:
- All weather 25mx60m floodlit outdoor area with Martin Collins Eco Track surface
- Set of Jump 4 Joy Show Jumps and fillers
- Cross country course with just under 30 fences ranging in heights from 50cm to 1m. Fences include sunken road, ditches, steps, houses, pheasant feeders, hanging logs, stick piles, corners, skinnys and of course a water complex
- Daily turnout (weather permitting) and individual turn out available
- 21 loose boxes ranging in sizes, each fitted with rubber matting flooring and individual automatic watering bowls
- Secured and heated tack room with individual storage facilities and washing machine
- Rug store room with a full size rug dryer
- Feed room with vermin proof containers and displayed individual feeding regimes
- Tea room with facilities to make hot and cold drinks
- Wash box
- On site WC and shower
- Horse Solarium
- Horse shower with hot and cold water
- Off road hacking through the Stowe Estate with mapped routes
- Equine treatment stocks
- Staff on site and a 24 hour call out rota system
- Tuition in equitation
- Exercise and schooling services
- Clipping and trimming services
- Clinics from specialist instructors, feed suppliers and demonstrations from event, dressage and show jump riders
- Accredited Professional Coaches
- Regular opportunities to compete and take part in team training
We are delighted to offer an equestrian establishment for pupils of the School, which provides expert tuition and outstanding facilities within the School grounds.
Full time Riders – This is for pupils who have their own horse in livery during term time.
The service includes basic care on a daily basis such as mucking out, turning out, quartering and use of all the facilities. Standard feed, hay and a shavings/straw bed are also included in the cost. Horses have individual care plans to maintain a high standard of service, treating them all as individuals. Please make very clear any special requirements or specific requests. Additional services such as exercising and clipping are available along with discounted lessons. Livery is charged on a termly basis
and is payable in advance. Any additional extras incurred during the term will be charged on the end of term bill. One term’s notice in writing will be required to terminate the livery agreement.
Parents/guardians are sent an arrival pack which needs to be completed with as much detail as possible. The forms are designed to enable the staff to learn as much about each horse prior to them arriving and ensure we are ready to receive them. A check‐in time is agreed with the equestrian team and the horse owner and a short inspection of the horse and its tack is made on arrival.
For further details or information please contact the Equestrian Centre Manager on 01280 822471 or email email@example.com. For the Equestrian team call 07770 380844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are delighted to offer an equestrian establishment for pupils of the School, which provides expert tuition and outstanding facilities within the school grounds (just a short walk from the boarding houses).
Session Riders – This is for pupils who wish to take riding lessons during the term on Stowe’s own horses. Previous riding experience is not necessary.
Equestrian Centre Services are only available to current pupils.