Placement Sports Coach
Contract type: Fixed Term (until July 2025)
Hours: Full time - Term Time Only
Salary: This position comes with a salary, accommodation and full board
Anticipated start date: September 2024
Closing date: 25th February 2024
Assessment Centre: Date TBC, assessment will be held at Stowe School
To view the full candidate pack, please click here
For September 2024 Stowe School is looking to appoint Placement Sports Coaches with experience in any of the following sports – Rugby, Hocky (girls & boys), Cricket, Netball, Tennis, Lacrosse, Football, Swimming, Golf or S&C. We are looking for enthusiastic team players with a love of sport who are equally committed to participation as well as performance, and have the ability to engage and motivate students. We welcome those with a specialism in one sport or all-rounders who are confident covering a variety of sports.
The successful candidate would be expected to teach practical PE and coach across a wide range of ages and abilities in the Senior School, including an opportunity to help sports award holders who are part of the High Performance Programme.
There will also be an opportunity to coach at Swanbourne House and Winchester House Prep School’s (both Co-Ed ages 3-13
Stowe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, the Disclosure and Barring Service and an online background check with our 3rd party provider SP-Index.
We reserve the right to recruit before the advertised closing date.
The selection of candidates for short-listing will be based on this specification and candidates should bear this in mind when preparing their application and completing the application form:
- A good degree or currently working towards a degree
Specialist Skills & Experience
- Personally committed to continued professional development
- The ability to transfer your enthusiasm and knowledge of sport to the pupils
- The ability to play and coach at least 2 sports to a high level
- Ability to referee in at least one sport
- Good ICT skills
- Driving licence
- Hard working, Enthusiastic and energetic
- Good team player
- Patience and a sense of humour
- Good organisational skills
- Good professional manner and appearance
- Excellent practitioner able to inspire pupils in the love of (your) sport
- Ability to communicate effectively with pupils, staff and parents
- Willingness to contribute fully to the life of a busy boarding School
To apply now , please download the application form for this job here. We look forward to receiving your application.