Director of Drama
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of work: Full time, term time
Salary: A very attractive and competitive package is offered
Anticipated start date: Required for September 2024
Closing date: 12th February 2024
Interviews Expected: To be confirmed
Location: Buckingham, Buckinghamshire
We are looking for a dynamic Drama practitioner with a proven ability to teach the subject up to and including A Level. The Director of Drama is responsible for academic Drama and will also be responsible for leading extra-curricular Drama at Stowe and overseeing the direction and organisation of School productions. The successful candidate should be a well-qualified graduate with excellent organisational, interpersonal and leadership skills and an ability to create a vibrant performance and learning environment.
A willingness to contribute fully to the Department while also adding to the extra-curricular and pastoral life of a busy boarding school is essential.
Please read the full Job Description here.
Stowe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, the Disclosure and Barring Service and an online background check with our 3rd party provider SP-Index.
The School reserves the right to withdraw the advert before the closing date.
The selection of candidates for short-listing will be based on this specification and candidates should bear this in mind when preparing their application and completing the application form:
- A 2:1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in the relevant subject(s)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education.
- A Post Graduate qualification in Drama.
Specialist Skills & Experience
- A minimum of five years’ teaching experience.
- Demonstrable managerial and administrative experience within a teaching environment.
- The ability to lead and shape, in consultation with the Department, a strong vision for the short, medium and long term development of the Department.
- To work with the Head of Faculty and Stowe Presents to further raise the profile of drama and music theatre productions.
- An up to date and full working knowledge of JCQ guidelines and exam and NEA procedures
- Previous experience of the management of a Drama Department.
- Exam marking/moderation experience
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work well under pressure with a good sense of humour.
- A willingness to participate fully in the pastoral care, School duties and extra curricular activities.
- An ability to motivate, enthuse and influence all Department staff with strong interpersonal skills.
To apply now , please download the application form for this job here. We look forward to receiving your application.