OSGS June Newsletter
4 June 2020
Although golf clubs are up and running rather quicker than might have been expected a month ago, restrictions are still in place that mean OSGS fixtures cannot be confirmed for later in the year. Hopefully the planned relaxation of restrictions on hospitality premises on 4th July will provide greater clarity on what maybe possible for our August to November 2020 fixtures.
- The Spring Meeting - New date - Saturday 22nd August
Meeting Manager, Nick Luddington firstname.lastname@example.org would like to hear from anyone who wants to play in this meeting on the alternative date of Saturday 22nd August.
Nick now has 12 players interested and can take up to 20. We will have to wait to see what refreshment arrangements are available.
- Midlands Public Schools Meeting - Wednesday 24th June at Little Aston:
This event has now been cancelled - golf would have been OK but very limited clubhouse facilities. It is not being re-organised for later in the year
- Cyril Gray - 25th - 27th June at Worplesdon:
The organisers have now cancelled this event for 2020. The 60th Anniversary Dinner that was to be held on 24th June is postponed to 2021.
- Summer Meeting - 4/5th July at Aldeburgh:
This meeting is now cancelled as accommodation options will still be restricted. However our Aldeburgh members, Perry Hunt (President), Jeremy Scowsill and Ollie Carr are planning a friendly match on 4th July with Nick Luddington who is making a flying visit. Perry is taking his Presidential duties very seriously and puts his OSGS bow tie on special occasions.
Looking further ahead with fingers crossed:
- Match v Old Gregorians - Sat 29th August at New Zealands:
Contact Match Manager, Ian Bendell email@example.com if you would like to play in this 8-a-side match
- Match v Stowe Golf Club - Date tbc in Sept at Stowe: New Match
We have been contacted by Stowe Golf Club to have a match on the New Course at Stowe. The date is not confirmed as yet but I hope to have this sorted by the July Update.
- Match v The School at Stoke Park - date tbc:
This match may take place at the School if Stoke Park are not able to host. Contact me if you want to play firstname.lastname@example.org
- Autumn Meeting - 24/25th October at Hunstanton:
I have already had entries from forward thinking Old Stoics Neil Gray, Ollie Carr, Matt Bazeley, Tim Maynard, John Da Silva and David Ewbank.
Contact me if you want to play email@example.com
- Match v Haileybury - Sunday 8th Nov at Sunningdale
An excellent 12 a side fixture. Contact Peter Comber firstname.lastname@example.org
Please pass this email onto any other Old Stoic golfers you know and follow our activities via:
- The Old Stoic section of the Stowe website https://www.stowe.co.uk/school/old-stoics/clubs
- Our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/osgolfers
Tel: 07957 141826